Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hi, I'm Joey; gosh is it good to see you!

As the decaf parts my lips, my brain goes on a race of ideas.  I downloaded a tune from the "i" and laced the shoes.  I have an 8:00 pm call and it's balmy; no scarf, packed bag and head up.  It's time to stomp across the Willamette towards my illuminated city.  The refraction of reflection was seen as a chaotic delineated path, but last night it felt peaceful.  For all the distortion, a realization of examined piecing together brought a start of understanding.

Adam Levine is booming in the plugs; no one has moves like Jagger...  I got the opening to "Center Stage" running in my head; I have three pans of the camera set.  First:  Jackie Gleason-ing, with a busker plie' turn wrapping black p-coat around the bod for protection; bending knee pop, smiling.  A bit of Gene Kelly stomping down the stoop stairs through the court yard across the damp tiles.  Second:  knee popping while the crosswalk sign gives the permission or traffic ceases; it's southeast, intention and determination is a commonality we all share; besides shades of black.  The neon from the tattoo parlor, sandwich shop and instrumental repair buzzing overhead while coat is widely waiving to the swish of the backside; hitch kick, cross the asphalt.  Third:  hit the Morrison; orange sign says sidewalk closed; missed it and it's message.  City Center is getting larger and larger with every approaching stomp.  

Grab another decaf with one raw sugar; hit Broadway.  Damn, the Portland marquee draping the Ave. with glory and light.  Sign in, two elevators, plus a maze in the underground; I arrive to the fourth floor, enter the room and become the next character, Butch.  Luck, work, collaboration and determination.  I may never understand why, but I get the how.  Maybe I do have a move like Jagger...

Portland, I chose you eight years ago because of the settled feeling I felt when I entered your urban boundary.  I'll order a plate of overabundance of opportunity; with a side of chance.  Wash you down with a glass of support and encouragement.    

No comments:

Post a Comment